Sunday, May 15, 2016

Washington Pass

Look at those shoulders!! So much luxury!
Look at that headwind!!
Look at those north cascades mountain vistas !
Look at that incline 
Middle of nowhere, junkies still fucking shit up. 
Getting to this point was the hardest. I took breaks every 30 minutes. Then every 15 minutes. 
Bombing out of this pass was maybe the most beautiful, most exhilarating thing ever. Screaming through the hairpin at 30 mph, with kangaroo ridge rising up to the sky, it literally took my breath away. I had to remind myself to breathe. 
Average speed to the pass. Most of the time I was in my granny gear, choogling along at 4mph or less. 
Lone fir campground wasn't open for the season yet, but nonetheless it was mostly full. No water, no toilet paper, plenty cold. 






No comments:

Post a Comment