Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Thank God for Lil Wayne and tailwinds

Just now, between Waldport and Yachats, a sofa sectional popped out of the back of the pickup truck carrying it down Highway 101. I turned to watch as it skidded past me then crossed the white line into the bike lane, in front of me, and came to a rest. It was white leather, very tasteful. 

The men driving the truck pulled over. They apologized as we pedaled past. One clutched his chest and said, 'That was unexpected!'

I'm going to quit taking pictures of all the beautiful vistas, each more beautiful than the last. What's the point? They all look the same: unbelievably gorgeous. 
Yesterday we rode about 55 miles from Lincoln City to Beachside, south of Waldport. Felt pretty tough. Then two girls arrived at the hiker/biker campsite and said they had just rode 92 miles. They were from Seattle. I asked them were in Seattle they lived. 'Capitol Hill,' one said, as if to say, 'The only neighborhood good enough for me to live in.'
You have to walk bikes across the Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport. 
Walking tall, my man!
I love getting to the campsite and exploding my bags all over the place. This meal of ramen was delicious. 





No comments:

Post a Comment